Harvest

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekends of Fun

Last weekend, Jackson and I made a trip to the beach with my sister and her sweet family. Jackson thinks his cousin Scott hung the moon, so any time those two can be together is golden in his book. {Of course, Uncle Peter and Aunt Kylene are pretty awesome too.}


The weather could not have been more perfect for Jackson's first visit to the beach. I love the beach and deep down, I was really hoping that Jackson would too. I don't know what I would do with a kid who hated the water or sand. Luckily... HE LOVED IT.
Lotioned up and ready to go!

Do you like my hat?
Aunt Kyeeeen!
Happy Mother's Day to me!
The boys wore each other out!
Saying goodbye and giving hugs.
Then this weekend my crazy sister and I ran the Warrior Dash. Last year, my dear friend Stacy came to small group talking about this incredible race she had done that incorporated an obstacle course...and mud. I went home that night and checked it out. Then I conned asked my sister to do it with me. To say it was awesome would not do that race justice. It was CRAaAaZY Awesome.
Before the Mud
After the Mud
Stacy aka "Warrior Princess", the one who got me to do it. Truth be told, she had me at "Mud."
The things that came out of my shoes and socks were disgusting.
Every post race meal should include a TURKEY LEG...

...and a WARRIOR Hat.
 

Kylene and I decided that it must become a yearly tradition 
and as soon as our boys are old enough, they'll be doing it too!

1 comment:

  1. Y'all are so cute! I am not a mud girl, but I would love to come cheer you on next year.

    ReplyDelete