Harvest

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

My precious firstborn decided to give me his Mother's Day present a few days early this year... a nice yucky chest cold. {Apparently, he lost the receipt, so I can't even return this wretched gift.} :) So, this weekend has been atypical for me. I have been in the bed most of the weekend and doing everything to not cough out his brother.

While I have been sitting, I have had a chance to reflect upon Mother's day and truly give thanks to the Lord for the many women who have helped me to grow up spiritually and become the woman God is asking me to be.

Among those women is my mother-in-law. 
She is such a treasure to me.

Last week I had a bit of a meltdown. {No, not Kristin Radtke...} Yeah. In the midst of my humor about due dates and neck braces, I completely panicked that Baby Radtke would come early. My MIL saw right through me. And rather than scold me, she sent me an incredible note. I had to share it because I'm sure someone else needs to be reminded of God's power and plan. 
 
~~~~~
"...Right now I would remind you that the Lord has been in your womb fashioning every detail of this precious child. His attention is intensely focused upon this baby and on his welfare. He is also moving on your behalf, the welfare of a family devoted to His kingdom purposes. He will not release this baby until his design, until His plans have been completed.

Take your timing concerns, place them at the foot of the cross, and turn and walk away. 
Surrender to the perfection of his timing for this baby, for you, Trip and Jack.

That is the way of shalom.

I definitely understand your apprehension. You have been in a place of non-stop service for many months, and a rest would be nice. If
this baby comes early, it will not be by accident, but by divine purpose. And with him will come an invitation to find all you need in the all sufficiency of your loving Father.

This may all sound too simplistic, and lacking in understanding of your concerns. 
It’s not. I have every confidence in His presence in and with you, and His 
good intentions and powerful love working on your behalf.

Truly He is faithful and trustworthy. 
For this moment, find your rest there.."
~~~~~
 
I am so grateful that she is a woman in my life who points me back to the cross every time I need guidance. She does not rely on her own wisdom, she knows that in Him I can find everything I need.
 
Happy Mother's Day to each of you.

1 comment:

  1. That really is an amazing note and such a comfort in a worrisome time. I so wish we were closer so I could hug you and comfort you and come hold that baby while you rest. Rest in the arms of Jesus as you lay your worries at the cross. Imagine CWR's cross and look out at the water and let your worries sail away! God's timing is always perfect. I love you so so so much!

    ReplyDelete