Harvest

Monday, January 7, 2013

2012 Recap

Last year I did a fun recap post of 2011. So, I thought I would make it a tradition and do it again for 2012.

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before? 
Became the Mama to TWO boys.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year I said that my resolution was to give birth to Henry because 
otherwise the Lord and I were going to have a serious conversation 
if I was still pregnant today. I'm happy to say I kept that resolution..ha!

3. Did anyone close to you die?

Well, while I never got to meet Carter, I felt close to he and his family as we passionately prayed for the Lord to heal him. We even led Jackson nightly in prayers for that precious family. However, that was not God's plan for him. In August he went to be with Jesus. Tears still well up in my eyes as I think about him not being with his family here on earth. Cancer, particularly childhood cancer, sucks.

4. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Balance. 
Figuring out how to juggle each of my roles and to do each one graciously.

5. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 16 
- the date of the ultrasound that confirmed that our second baby was a BOY
March 13 
- watching Trip get wheeled back to the OR to have his neck surgery
June 2 
- giving birth to Henry
August 16 
- Jack's first day of preschool

6. Compared to this time last year, are you:
    ~Happier or sadder?
Happier! While this season is crazy busy in our family, we have such joy in Henry's added presence and Trip's healing.

   ~Thinner or fatter?
My weight loss date of 06/02/12 worked well for me in that area.
{See photo below.}

7. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Matt Redman's "Never Once". 
The lyrics: "Standing on this mountaintop, looking just how far we've come, knowing that for every step you were with us" will forever be a testimony to our family of ALL that the Lord did on our behalf in 2012.

8. What were your favorite books of the year?
I did two bible studies in 2012 that rocked my world. James, by Beth Moore and Nehemiah by Kelly Minter.

9. What was your favorite TV show?
Parenthood is still my absolute favorite show, but a new one that I picked up in the fall was Elementary. It's a modern spin on Sherlock Holmes. It's fantastic.

10. What is a valuable lesson you learned in 2012?
It's hard to pick one lesson that the Lord revealed to me since every day He was teaching me so much in what our family experienced. But, one lesson that I will never forget is to be generous in whatever ways you can to others. I was blown away by the generosity of friends who came alongside our family and gave time, energy, money, food, etc to us following Trip's recovery and then the birth of Henry. There were days I would just weep in gratitude. That season of incredible need has passed on our family and I am continually asking the Lord to show me where I can be generous in His name. I cannot imagine being the recipient of so many blessings and not earnestly seeking to respond similarly to others.
If only all our weight loss projects could be so cute...
~ Happy 2013 Everyone! ~

1 comment: