Harvest

Friday, January 14, 2011

{17 Months!}

Jackson is 17 months today. So, we decided to celebrate with a bit of tub painting. Tub Painting has been featured this winter on two of the websites I follow, as well as this book:

The Toddler's Busy Book
The tabs are the great ideas I have chosen to help us 
survive the winter {or rainy day}. We will survive!! :)

The ingredients are things you have in your house. It's really quite simple and it was so much fun for Jackson.
Ingredients:

1 Tbsp Cornstarch
2 Tbsp liquid soap
Food Coloring
Mix cornstarch and soap together. {I doubled the recipe.} Then add a few drops of food coloring to get the desired color. The consistency you're going for is finger paint. If those exact measurements don't work for you, modify to get it like this:

The box of food coloring I had did not include primary colors. So, when I mixed up the three colors I chose, it looked like we had flashed back to 1981.

The flash lost the essence of the 
Lime Green, HOT Pink and Turquoise. 
But I assure you, it was "totally awesome".


Jackson enjoyed painting himself and the walls of the tub. After at least 30 minutes of fun, it washed off of him and the walls perfectly. This will definitely be repeated at our house. Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment