Harvest

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat?

{The following post is brought to you by "Hooked on Phonics".}

Everyone who knows me gets a real chuckle by the way I say, A-U-N-T. Don't get me wrong, I like to be funny. But this particular opportunity to provide humor to others has always been lost on me. 

I say A-U-N-T ~  "awnt". 

The rest of you yahoos say ANT. 

Why?? For the love of all that is good and phonetical do you slaughter 
a lovely title to so many ladies and reduce them to bugs? WHY???

Let's review similar words, shall we?

Gaunt

Flaunt

Taunt

Speaking of that last word...oh I get taunted. Among those taunts are being told to read a book where the author uses pants to rhyme with AUnts. And the latest tricky act was done by my sister-in-law. And the treat??? She used my sweet baby to harass me. I mean...honestly.
What is that marching across my baby?? ANTS!!!
LUCKILY I think a lot of that crazy woman. In addition to silly pranks with phonetically sad words she also has provided not one, but TWO adorable pumpkin outfits to my kidlets.

Jack in 2009
Henry in 2012

The boys today...



No comments:

Post a Comment