Harvest

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Henry {2 Months}

Oh Henry.

You sweet boy.

It is amazing to me how fast you have changed from a squishy newborn to a baby with some lovable chub.
The greatest joy for me as your Mama this past month was to see your first SMILE. Oh...it's huge. You get this goofy grin on your face that just grows into this huge gummy smile and it just lingers while I do whatever to keep it going. Your big brother thinks I have lost my sweet mind. I. Don't. Care. The more smiles, the better the day.

You also began to coo and "chat" with me. Your brother started about the same time and hasn't stopped since. I have a feeling the day will come when I will hear myself say, "Henry, close your lips." But until then, I love your little voice.
You found your hands and you think they are DEE-licious.

Your sleep is awesome. Three to four naps a day and nighttime has been as much as 8 hours in one stretch. {Of course as I write this post you're going through a growth spurt, so the next few nights could be "interesting". ha!}

Speaking of growth spurts...you're nearing the end of your 3mo clothing options. This could make things, well, interesting. Here I thought having babies in the same season I would be saved from having to buy clothes. Well, so long as we have to consider snaps in, a, well...certain area of your body...we're in trouble. So, to save your manhood, I bought some onesie extenders. I'm hoping that they can tide us over until the next season.

I tried to drop the swaddle the other night. EPIC FAIL. You screamed at me for doing such a harsh thing. {I'm very sorry.} We'll try again in a month, unless of course you get this rolling thing figured out in the next week or two. If that happens, well Mister, it's gone.
I'm excited that it's August. It means we're closer to fall and the chance for you to experience the outdoors. {Your Daddy would like for me to point out that we're also a month closer to OSU football.} You've had moments to experience your first Georgia summer. But, for the most part, I have protected you from this ridiculous heat.

In just two weeks your brother will start preschool. Two days of the week you and I will have time together...just the two of us. I'm so excited about that one-on-one time with you.

I love you Henry!


2 comments:

  1. So sweet! It's pretty hysterical that he is outpacing Jack in the clothes, given that Jack is no small tater himself. I know you are looking forward to that one-on-one time; it will be sweet, and it will make your time with Jackson even sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "No small tater" - Haha! I know - I have big boys. I take Henry to the doctor tomorrow for his 2mo checkup. I'm very curious to know how long he is and how much he weighs. I agree that my time with Jackson will be sweeter once he starts school. It's comparable to Trip's regular travel for work. I appreciate him so much more when he's able to be home and we make the most of our time together.

      Delete